A visa is a permit for a non-U.S. citizen to visit, study, work, or live in the United States, either temporarily or permanently, that is endorsed by the government. Visas fall under one of two primary categories:
• Immigrant visas, also known as green cards
• Nonimmigrant visas
The attorneys at Sobel & Erwin, PLLC will make sure that you receive excellent personalized legal service regardless of the issue that you are facing. We offer consultations to all of our clients, which are completely confidential. Call now at 918-712-9888.
Green Cards in Tulsa, OK
Immigrant visas, or green cards, give a permanent resident status to a non-citizen in the United States. There are different reasons that an individual may seek to acquire a green card, including:
• As an employee of a U.S. company
• As an investor in a U.S. company
• As a family member of a U.S. citizen
• As a family member of a permanent U.S. resident
• As a worker whose skills are needed in the United States
• As an individual who seeks asylum or refuge in the United States
• As a long-term resident who has lived in the U.S. for 10+ years
• As a non-citizen who has lived in the U.S. since January 1, 1972
There are a limited number of diversity visas granted through a lottery that are separate from family or employment-based visas.
Nonimmigrant Visas in Oklahoma
These primarily include:
• H-1B visas for temporary workers
• E2 or EB5 visas for investors
• B-1 visas for business-related visitors
• B-2 visas for tourists
• A-1 visas for diplomatic personnel
• F-1 visas for students
Many other types of nonimmigrant visas may be obtained for physicians, religious workers, media and journalists, foreign military personnel, professional athletes, au pairs, and visitors needing medical treatment.
Petitioning for an Immigrant or Nonimmigrant Visa
You will need a visa to visit or live permanently in the United States. A visa or green card attorney in Tulsa can offer tremendous help in petitioning for an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa. Enlisting the advocacy of Sobel & Erwin in your visa application process can help you meet deadlines, file the proper supporting paperwork and documents, and avoid costly mistakes that could result in the denial of your petition. Call 918-712-9888 or fill out our contact form today for a consultation.
Most recent posts
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error
1856 E. 15th Street
Tulsa, OK 74104