Several strict requirements must be fulfilled in order to acquire citizenship in the United States. Some of the key requirements are listed below:
• Each individual must be at least 18 years of age.
• Each individual must have secured a green card.
• Each person must live in the United States for five years as a permanent resident (there are a few exceptions), and must also be physically residing in the U.S. for a minimum of one-half that time.
• You cannot live outside the U.S. for more than one year at a time.
• An individual cannot have a primary residence outside the U.S.
• Each individual must have the ability to read, write, and speak English.
• Each individual must pass a United States government and history test.
• Each individual must have a reputation of sound moral character.
• Each individual must swear allegiance to the United States and believe in the U.S. Constitution.
Call us at (918)-712-9888 to arrange an initial consultation and find out what we can do for you. Or contact our Tulsa, Oklahoma citizenship lawyer by e-mail.
Many persons pursuing U.S. citizenship fail to understand the importance of demonstrating “sound moral character” which simply means that you cannot have a criminal record and expect to fulfill the stringent citizenship requirements. Sobel & Erwin family immigration attorneys are a team of experienced lawyers who will work with you to review your criminal records in order to allow you to pursue your dream of becoming a United States citizen.
The immigration laws in the U.S. are extremely complicated and often misunderstood by lawyers who do not specialize in this specific area of the law. Working with the Oklahoma Citizenship Lawyers at Sobel & Erwin will ensure that you have the experts you need to assist you in navigating through the complicated and complex issues associated with your immigration application and the fulfillment of all citizenship requirements.
Tulsa Family Immigration Attorney Expertise
Sobel & Erwin will work tirelessly on your behalf. Our Tulsa family immigration attorneys have worked with hundreds of individuals, families, and companies in the following areas:
Temporary and permanent employment visas (including religious workers, specialized occupations, etc.)
Green cards (including professionals, and employees with advanced degrees, etc.)
To get started on your case right now, simply complete our confidential consultation form or give us a call at 918-712-9888. Let us start working on your Oklahoma citizenship case immediately.
Most recent posts
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error
1856 E. 15th Street
Tulsa, OK 74104