Extending Your Visa in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Posted on: October 28th, 2013 by Sobel and Erwin

At times, visitors to the United States enter our country with a certain amount of authorized time for their stay in the U.S.  For example, tourists are often authorized to stay for up to six months.  In some cases, a person may find they want or need to extend their stay past the allotted time. In order to stay longer, you will need to apply for an extension or change of status.  You will benefit greatly if you enlist the help of a visa and immigration lawyer in completing this process. Sobel & Erwin law firm in Tulsa, Oklahoma has the experience you need to help you understand your options.

It is imperative for you to file the proper form and paperwork prior to the expiration of your current status. Failing to do so can create serious problems for you to overcome. You may even face deportation without the ability to return to the U.S. again.

It is recommended that you submit your extension request no later than 45 days prior to the expiration of your current status.

A visa and immigration lawyer who is knowledgeable in this process can offer legal guidance to determine if you will qualify for an extension of your status. Contact the Tulsa, Oklahoma lawyers at Sobel & Erwin today to begin the process of extending or changing your immigration status.